Work With Us
Position: Digital Literacy Specialist
Responsible To: Associate Director of Programs and Advocacy
Position Summary: The Digital Literacy Specialist is responsible for providing digital literacy instruction to caregivers of children in K-12th grade using the Northstar and other digital literacy curricula. The program is designed to educate and provide adults with 21st Century Digital Literacy Skills which range from basic computer skills to developing competencies in more advanced software such as Microsoft Office and Google.
This is a part-time position that requires a flexible schedule which includes mornings, evenings, and Saturday events as needed.
To Apply, please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to: Cherice G. Arrington, Associate Director of Programs & Advocacy firstname.lastname@example.org – The subject line of the email should include your full name and “Girls Inc. Digital Literacy Specialist Application”.
Organization Description: Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Our comprehensive approach to whole girl development equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Girls Inc. responds to the changing needs of girls through research-based programs and public education efforts that empower girls to understand, value, and assert their rights.
The Girls Inc. national network serves over 140,000 girls through 84 affiliates. Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey is the local affiliate serving 3,000 girls in the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Facilitate weekly sessions that support the acquisition of basic-to-advanced digital literacy skills.
- Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for sessions.
- Coordinate and manage program course catalog.
- Deliver lessons to adult learnings using a variety of methods; adjust teaching styles and implement accommodations to meet the needs of each participant using adult learning theory/principles.
- Maintain and implement high quality and program safety standards.
- Establish a positive rapport and create a safe, engaging learning environment for all participants. Ensure that all individuals feel welcome and engaged in the program.
- Work collaboratively with the program implementation team to identify areas for program support, growth, and expansion.
- Practice the duties and responsibilities of a mandated reporter for suspected child abuse under current Girls Inc. policies and procedures, as required.
- Act in accordance with Girls Inc. purpose, policies, and goals, representing Girls Inc. in community activities in consonance with established policies.
Community Engagement & Collaboration
- Responsible for outreach and recruitment of 200 adult learners of K-12th grade students from our existing school partner communities and others to the digital literacy program. Ensure participants attend at least one session.
- Develop and implement a regular communication plan to establish a partnership with caregivers, school partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Respond to common inquiries from participant and community partners in a timely and professional manner.
Reporting & Evaluation
- Provide constructive feedback to participants’ progress and encourage participation and completion of registered courses. Use feedback to improve and expand the program.
- Collect and track program data including demographics, program hours, and number of sessions.
- Generate written reports as required by PHL Connectedness Grant.
- Maintain required paperwork with accuracy–registration logs, attendance logs, etc. for purposes of evaluation/reports.
- Assist with planning and execution of special programs and events, as required.
- Ensure all materials used for program are sanitized and/or prepare single use materials as appropriate.
- Take inventory and ensure all equipment can support sessions.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in program specific trainings and meetings set by PHL Connected, Girls Inc., and key stakeholders.
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance, develop own goals and objectives.
- Attend additional professional development opportunities as needed.
- Proficient in computer skills including the u se of Microsoft Suite
- Two years of experience working with adult learners or community engagement background
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity, with respect and sensitivity to cultural and educational differences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
To To Apply, please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to: Cherice G. Arrington, Associate Director of Programs & Advocacy email@example.com – The subject line of the email should include your full name and “Girls Inc. Digital Literacy Specialist Application”.
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received or until the position is filled. To learn more about Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey, please view our website at www.girlsincpa-nj.org.
Compensation: $20 per hour
July 16, 2021