Work With Us
Position: Program Specialist
Responsible To: Associate Director of Programs & Advocacy
Position Summary: The Program Specialist will coordinate and implement activities for students in the Project LEAP summer program. Project LEAP is a comprehensive after-school program designed to engage and empower middle school (5th-8th grade students) to see themselves as future STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) leaders. Girls Inc. will work collaboratively with Boys and Girls Club Lancaster (BGC) to implement the program at the following BGC club sites: Jack Walker and Southeast in Lancaster, PA.
To Apply, please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to: Cherice G. Arrington, Associate Director of Programs & Advocacy firstname.lastname@example.org – The subject line of the email should include your full name and “Girls Inc. LEAP Program Specialist Application”.
Organization Description: Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Our comprehensive approach to whole girl development equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Girls Inc. responds to the changing needs of girls through research-based programs and public education efforts that empower girls to understand, value, and assert their rights.
The Girls Inc. national network serves over 140,000 girls through 84 affiliates. Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey is the local affiliate serving 3,000 girls in the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Collaborate with the Group Leaders to ensure that participants engage in a quality summer camp program that is engaging and developmentally appropriate, Monday-Friday; 12:00-6:00pm.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for the summer enrichment program focused on STEM, Social Emotional Learning (SEL), and wellness.
- Establish a positive rapport and create a safe engaging learning environment for all participants. Ensure that all youth feel welcomed and engaged in the program.
- Practice conflict resolution and problem solving that model respect for differences, is non-threatening, calm, and de-escalating in style for students during and after instructional program.
- Practice the duties and responsibilities of a mandated reporter for suspected child abuse under current Girls Inc. policies and procedures, as required.
- Facilitate daily check-in/check-out process.
- Maintain a high quality and program safety standards that protect youths’ physical and emotional safety.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute special events and projects that are inclusive, such as the implementation of career exploration workshops, field trips, and procurement of guest speakers.
- Acts in accordance with Girls Inc. policies and procedures.
Community Collaboration and Partnership
- Work collaboratively with the Project LEAP team to develop and implement a regular communication plan for participants and their families.
- Identify community partners that can provide supplemental activities to enhance the program.
Reporting and Evaluation
- Collect and track program data, including demographics, attendance sheets, program surveys, etc. for evaluation/reports. Generate written reports as required.
- Collect feedback from Project LEAP participants and caregivers to tailor areas for program support and growth.
- Ensure all materials used for program are sanitized and/or prepare single use materials as appropriate.
- Inventory enrichment and programming supplies, and ensure adequate replenishment as needed.
- Participate in Girls Inc. meetings, training, and conferences essential to executing job functions.
- Participate in periodic assessment of personal and staff performance, develops own goals and objectives.
- The candidate must have the ability to work in a team; display a high level of integrity, optimism, and energy.
- Must live within Lancaster County or the surrounding area.
- The position is seasonal from May 15 through July 31, 2022.
- Must be available to work 30-35 hours a week.
- Experience working with youth is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required.
To To Apply, please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to: Cherice G. Arrington, Associate Director of Programs & Advocacy email@example.com – The subject line of the email should include your full name and “Girls Inc. LEAP Program Specialist Application”.
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received or until the position is filled. To learn more about Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey, please view our website at www.girlsincpa-nj.org.
Compensation: $17 per hour
July 16, 2021