Strong voices, smart choices, and bold actions
In partnership with the Philadelphia Chapter of The Links, Incorporated, Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey is excited to announce that our 3rd Annual She Leads Advocacy Summit will be open to girls in K-12th grades. This year, our theme is “Strong voices, smart choices, and bold actions.” The summit will educate and empower youth to take a stand against racial injustice and systemic inequalities. This virtual event will include interactive workshops, a self-care dance session, girls in leadership panel, giveaways, and an opportunity to network with influential women.
Register today! https://forms.gle/BtZHRUrTUuAbC2XE9
For more information contact Cherise Arrington, firstname.lastname@example.org
This event will inspire youth to embrace their inherent strengths and become powerful advocates in their communities. Free and open to girls anywhere in the United States.
Saturday, October 23, 10:00am – 12:30pm ET: K through 3rd graders
- I Am Somebody – Explore topics about beauty and racial identity through books
- Modern Day Heroes – Have fun celebrating people who have made, and are making, a difference in their communities or in the world
Saturday, November 13, 10:00am – 3:00pm ET: 6th through 12th graders
- Sounds of Change – Analyze and reflect on messages presented in songs and other media
- Relax, Relate, Release! – A dance session that will encourage healthy stress management techniques
- From Stigma to Healing – Learn how to use creating expression to speak up for your mental health
- Examining Identity & Assimilation – Examine and explore the role of culture in their lives and in their community
- Social Media: The New Advocacy Tool! – Have fun sharing your passion for social justice issues with the use of interactive social media tools