INTERN WITH US!
What do interns do? College Interns and Volunteers serve as program facilitators and mentors who deliver Girls Inc. curriculum to girls ages 6-18 in Philadelphia and Camden.
What are the requirements? All new interns and volunteers are:
- Currently enrolled in an Associate, Bachelors, or Master’s Program
- Must be willing to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Must submit an application, have an interview, and conduct a background check prior to being invited to intern or volunteer
- Must pass pre–employment background investigation including but not limited to: fingerprint, employment history, and criminal background check
- Must attend mandatory new intern/volunteer orientation and Girls Inc. Programming & Facilitation training (training is by invitation only and is offered only three times a year – typically January, June, and September)
Interns and Volunteer Program Facilitators are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Direct service schedule should permit for a minimum of one full day per week or two half days per week.
Current semester schedule
September 9 – December 12, 2022
In School Programs (K-12th Grade)
- Monday- Friday 8:30 am – 2:00pm
After School Programs (K-12th Grade)
- Monday- Friday 1:00 pm- 6:00 pm
GI- Out of School Time
- Saturdays 9:00 am – 3:00 pm