INTERN WITH US!
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2020 Interns and Volunteers!
What do interns do? College Interns and Volunteers serve as program facilitators and mentors who deliver Girls Inc. curriculum to girls ages 6-18 in Philadelphia and Camden.
What are the requirements? All new interns and volunteers are:
- Currently enrolled in an Associate, Bachelors, or Master’s Program
- Must be willing to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Must submit an application, have an interview, and conduct a background check prior to being invited to intern or volunteer
- Must pass pre–employment background investigation including but not limited to: fingerprint, employment history, and criminal background check
- Must attend mandatory new intern/volunteer orientation and Girls Inc. Programming & Facilitation training (training is by invitation only and is offered only three times a year – typically January, June, and September)
Interns and Volunteer Program Facilitators are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Direct service schedule should permit for a minimum of one full day per week or two half days per week.
Current semester schedule
January 16 – May 4th
In School Programs (1st-12th Grade)
- Monday- Friday 8:30 am – 2:00pm
After School Programs (1st-12th Grade)
- Monday- Friday 1:00 pm- 6:00 pm
GI- Out of School Time
- Saturdays 9:00 am – 3:00 pm